Monday, April 30, 2007

That's better!

I'm real glad yesterday's game wasn't a 8pm start! What a way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Bad calls and stolen goals aside, it was great to see the Rangers come through the way they did. Honestly I was worried early on, they weren't winning the battles along the boards, they weren't winning faceoffs, they were getting manhandled at the blue line. But damn did they look fantastic in overtime or what?!

I'll post some pictures later tonight.

Oh, by the way, i did a little stat checking. Malik is a +6 so far in the playoffs. Rozsival is the only other Ranger defenseman with a similar rating. give the guy a break!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I am still exhausted from that game. I was very disappointed they did not win game 2. I thought they were going to be able to pull that one off. So, going into yesterday’s game I was very nervous they would be flat. As, Janine said, they weren't winning the battles along the boards and face-offs are always a problem. So, I was happily surprised at how great they looked in OT. Actually, the first OT was some great hockey.

I find it hard to put the bad calls and the favoritism aside. It is very hard to watch a one sided game. I know we all spoke about the bitching and crying in the islander’s series, but there is some validity to the moaning. How are team supposed to compete against their opponent and the officials?

The game aside, our section was rocking with very happy drunk people. I am sure Janine’s photo’s will be interesting.

Glenn said...

Great game!!! They really showed me something, not letting the refs or any of Miller's great saves bother them. And Malik might be +6 but he's still too slow!