Monday, July 2, 2007

now just sign the goalie!

Wow! What a weekend! As of this morning 2 of the top centers in the NHL will be wearing blue shirts next season. Drury and Gomez don't come cheap, Drury's in for 35.25 mil over 5 season, Gomez 51.5 over 5. Do you realize that Drury has been a champion at ever level since he as a kid? Little League World Series winner, hockey state champs in high school, nationals in college, Hobey Baker winner, Calder Trophy, Stanley Cup. And Gomez, he's won 2 cups over here Jersey side. Big talent, proven winners, both universally thought of as "good guys". I just hope there's enough cap room to keep Shanney in blue for one more season.

oh, and I found the broken off half of my key chain. Dana says she can fix it. I'd rather have a new one!

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Is this the Glen Sather we know? Great job on the signings. I heard Gomez's contract is front loaded so that should allow us to resign Jagr in a couple of years if they want. There should be room for Shanny if he wants an incentive laced contract. Give Henrik whatever he wants!!! Hope everybody is having a good summer so far, keep Aug 4th open for my pool party and BBQ, everybody's invited!

Dana said...

Things are getting interesting. Drury will be a great addition to this team. I hope they are smart enough to give Henrik whatever he wants.....and of course, I hope Shanney will decide to play at least one more year with the Rangers.

Glenn, we will leave the date open.