Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It Ain't Happening

Peca signed with Columbus. Apparently Sather went so far as to bring him down to the big city for a face to face last week but decided against making an offer. I'd assume the issue was the question we all had, his health. I was going to say we'll see for ourselves how he looks when the come to NY but after reviewing the schedule posted on the Rangers site and the schedule posted on the Blue Jackets site. It seems the two teams won't be meeting at all this season. How is that possible? Columbus is driving distance! Good thing we've got those eight Islander meeting to keep us riveted to our seats.

Oh, and they still need some defense.

5 comments:

AL 405 said...

Love that last line... I agree totally. Like you, I have been saying that for quite sometime.

Dana said...

I heard Sather did not want to “tie up their remaining money” in case of future injury issues…

I did not think this deal was going to happen. His health is an issue and they have already picked up some serious talent.

Andy Facini said...

Hey man, nice blog.
Although I'd have to say, if Peca had turned out for the Rangers, I would been a little more than ticked off... haha
-Andy

Anonymous said...

brian leetch night jan 24, vs atlanta

Dana said...

Leetch night....I look forward to that celebration. Where is the info posted?