Thursday, May 22, 2008

NY Ice Bowl melting

I'm not a regular Newsday reader so I'm picking up on this a bit late. Newsday is reporting that the idea of the Rangers closing Yankee Stadium is quickly fading. Read all about it here.

I didn't realize they were talking about holding the game in November rather than on New Year's Day. After that snow swirling spectacle in Buffalo last year holding an outdoor hockey game in November seems anticlimactic. November = fall colors = Thanksgiving = football. January frost, freezing temps, ice, snow, now that's hockey.

It's too bad, I was all geared up to pile on my woolies and ring in the new year at the old stadium.

2 comments:

AL 405 said...

just dropping by to say hi all.. Hows the summer so far.. lets get together for happy hour in the city soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi, mine is just gettin started, how bout yours?