Monday, May 5, 2008

So Disappointed

I really had high hopes this year. I thought our combination of players was the best we have had in years. Finally a team who would not be carried by one player as had been the case in the past seasons. The defense was questionable but the kids stepped up and added some depth. So, what happened? Where were these guys this series?

Aside from Jagr (who decided to show life in the playoffs after his most lackluster season) the veterans of this team disappeared and left the kids and Lundqvist to fend for themselves. They took way to many penalties and the powerplay was awful all year. Sickening…Trust me I know there are many other reasons. I can go on all day about Renney alone. But all of my bitching is not going to help the fact that the season is over and we are left once again unfulfilled.

I will miss Shanahan. I waited his whole career for him to play for the Rangers. He has always been one of my favorite players. Now I have to deal with the idea of him retiring…not happy about this.

An interview with Jagr yesterday revealed he is defiantly thinking about playing next year but I doubt it will be in NY.

And finally, the situation with Avery is completely insane. How in the world could the Rangers organization not give this guy what he wants????? He has been the best addition to this team we have seen in years. He is a “Ranger” in every sense of the word. He loves it here, he plays hard and we All love him. Every single fan who attends these games night after night loves this guy….Do Not spoil that for us….give him his money.

So, fellow 404 (and one 405) friends, I hope you all have a great summer. Maybe we can try to get together at Stout or something. We can drink and watch Detroit beat up on the Eastern conference winner.

5 comments:

AL 405 said...

Still depressed, but def not suprised. Man, it would have been fun to have been at the Garden tonight. Anyway, Had a great time with you guys all year long. We def should get together very soon and watch some games. Count me in. For those I don't get to see hope you all have a great summer and look foward to October.

Anonymous said...

Glad i met some of you even though i have been at the garden for many years, but it is nice to meet new people, I am already bored.

Janine said...

well, see you at the rock n roll shows over the summer. First up, Van Halen next Tuesday, who's going?

AL 405 said...

Janine, Don't forget about Jesse Malin in Hoboken on the 30th. We all should def go to that.

Anonymous said...

i have to admit Al you kind of look like chris drury a bit.....